Last Meal Followers

Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009

The LMJ needs to get back on track in 2009. There are too many topics that need to be covered and too many people that still haven't given me their last meal!

I will start off 2009 with a story from earlier this afternoon. We enjoyed a fantastic meal with friends and they served delicious dishes ranging from homemade lasagna to roast pork sandwiches and from homemade stromboli to home made lemonchello. As we sat around the table to do what Italians do - talk about food while we eat - I raised the LMJ question to everyone and as usual it is sparked their interest and a vast conversation. The answers ranged from nachos to chocolate mouse and as usual I had to remind everyone that this was not a morbid question but one that should park memories of meals, family, and experiences of the past. I described my last meal to everyone and explained that my crabs and spaghetti experience came from my grandmother and grandfather sitting at my side when I was 6 years old feeding me crab meat while my face was covered in sauce. My grandfather died on new years day several years ago, but with out him and the rest of my family and friends I would not as passionate about food as I am today.

As we enter 2009 I encourage everyone to make sure that they have memorable meals and experiences as often as possible and to put some passion into their meals and their relationships with family and friends. Try making your perfect last meal and inviting others over to enjoy or gather with family and recall the magical meals of the past.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy 2009 and remember you can not have your own Last Meal Journey if you don't have your first true memorable culinary experience.

No comments: